The U.S. Soccer Learning Center is now open for 2021 registrations! As we communicated last week, we will be discounting CNRA administrative fees by 50% in support of referees who were not able to work matches due to COVID-19 shutdowns. Please use the recertification button at the end of this email to access your discounted registration.
To get started, follow the directions below. A complete list of recertification requirements for each level can be found here.
STEP 1: SIGN UP IN THE U.S. SOCCER LEARNING CENTER
If you already registered in the Learning Center for 2020, please log in to your account and move to STEP 3. If you registered through Game Officials for 2020, you will need to sign up in the Learning Center by following the steps below.
1. Click the registration button below.
2. Select "Sign Up" in the upper right corner
3. Enter your information
· The Learning Center will attempt to identify currently registered referees by first name, last name, date of birth, and/or email address. Please ensure this data is the same as what is listed in Game Officials.
· If the account doesn't link, please email email@example.com and request an account merge.
STEP 2: COMPLETE THE BACKGROUND CHECK (18+)
During the certification process outlined below, you will be prompted to complete a background check. This can take up to ten days to process and MUST be completed before taking the course, so please complete this immediately upon sign up. If you completed a background check through the U.S. Soccer Learning Center last year, you do not need to take one this year. These background checks will only need to be completed every other year. (Background checks from other organizations like CalNorth, US Club, etc. will not qualify.)
STEP 3: RE-CERTIFY
1. Click the button below.
2. Complete payment.
3. Complete all assignments in the "Assignment Tab"
4. Once all assignments have been completed, your registration will be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the RYSC Referee Training Program,, please contact Carlos Ledesma at: email@example.com
Check this page for training information and announcements.
The RYSC Referee Program offers 2-3 classes annually for new referees to obtain their Grassroots Entry-level Referee Licsense. Licenses are obtained online, instructions below.
*U.S. SOCCER REQUIRES A MINIMUM AGE OF AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD TO BECOME A REFEREE (AT TIME OF TAKING THIS COURSE).
Step 1: Sign up in the learning Center
Navigate to: https://learning.ussoccer.com/referee
Select “Sign Up” in the upper right corner
Enter your information
Step 2: Complete the Background Check (those 18 years of age and older)
During the certification process outlined below, the student will be prompted to
Complete a background check. This can take up to five days to process and
MUST be completed before the taking of this course, so please complete this immediately upon sign up. These background checks will only need to be completed every other year. (Background checks from other organizations like CalNorth and US Club will not qualify)
TAKE THE COURSE:
1. Select “Courses” on the top navigation bar (the system will automatically load the available Courses menu upon arrival).
2. In the menu on the left side of the screen select: Grassroots-First Time Referees
3. Click “Go to course List”
4. Complete the Field Service list below for Roseville:
5. Complete the online training and test requirements. All Learning Center requirements MUST be completed at least 24 hours before the field session.
6. Attend the field session you selected.
7. Your Badge will be given to you upon completion of the field session.
Once you have completed the entire course (online & field session) contact your local Club/League Director of Referees (this way they will know that you are a Referee)
Mandatory continuing Education/In-Service Clinics
Please check the website from time to time or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for updates.